Finance and Admin Officer – Love Alliance
Vacancy: Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
Established in 2003, the AIDS and Rights Alliance for Southern Africa (ARASA) is a regional partnership of over 100 non-governmental organisations working together to promote a human rights-based response to HIV and TB in 18 countries in Southern and East Africa through capacity strengthening and advocacy. The Regional Office of ARASA is in Windhoek, Namibia.
Starting in 2023, ARASA will be responsible for the Love Alliance participatory grant-making in Mozambique, South Africa, and Zimbabwe and at sub-regional level. The Love Alliance is a strategic partnership between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, Aidsfonds, UHAI EASHRI, ISDAO, GALZ, Sisonke, SANPUD and GNP+ with ARASA as a grant-making partner for Southern Africa from 2023/2024. The Love Alliance runs from 2021-2025 with a focus on advocacy on HIV and sexual and reproductive health and rights for sex workers, people who use drugs (PWUD), and LGBTIQ+ people, including people living with HIV.
Reporting to the Programmes Manager- Love Alliance, and matrix reporting to the Finance Manager ARASA, the Finance and Administration Officer role will be based in Namibia. The FAO will support the LA team in financial and administrative tasks. The FAO will be responsible for all aspects of financial management and control, and general administration duties.
Responsibilities of the Finance and Administrative Officer
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for:
- Overseeing the programme’s budget on behalf of the LA and in line with ARASA standards, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered.
- Ensure compliance with all ARASA guidelines and policies/principles and agreements of the Love Alliance.
- Be responsible together with grant coordinator on all steps in due diligence and contracting.
- Supporting partner organisations in terms of planning, reporting, budgeting, accountability, auditing.
- Maintain oversight of all grants committed, transferred, and expended to ARASA and partner organisations.
- Support the Grants Coordinator in development of the participatory grant manual together with others (partners in the region, RGC, NAC), review of all documents.
- Work with all reporting and planning tools, provide feedback to the Love Alliance.
- Maintain and file records of expenditure, process invoices and claims for payments and track payments relating to office costs and programme activities.
- Administer financial accounts and manage petty cash.
- Register expenditures in all relevant financial systems.
- Prepare office budgets, financial forecasts, and reports timeously.
- Assist relevant staff and partners with programme budgeting, monitoring and financial reporting.
- Assist with procurement of goods and services as required.
- Draft annual financial reporting
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in financial management and program administration preferably in a Non-for-Profit settings
- Experience in managing grants and donor funds
- BSc in accounting, finance and administration, or a related degree.
- Excellent excel and Microsoft office skills is a must, especially for functions relevant to financial management and accounting.
- Excellent Quick Books expertise will be considered an asset.
- Must be conversant with financial and accounting terminology.
- Excellent communication skills in English language.
- Good time management skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds and technical expertise.
- Must be dynamic and take initiative
- Must be a team player
- The position is open to Namibian nationals or anyone with a right of work in Namibia.
ARASA offers an attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience. Interested and qualified candidates who match the profile are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Finance and Administration Officer” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is midnight (SAST) on the 15th of January 2023.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.