Call for Expressions of Interest: Grants Intern
Established in 2003, the AIDS and Rights Alliance for Southern Africa (ARASA) is a regional partnership of civil society organisations working together in 18 countries in southern and east Africa to promote the rights to bodily autonomy and integrity for the realisation of in order to reduce inequality, especially gender inequality and promote health dignity and wellbeing in southern and east Africa. The Regional office of ARASA is located in Windhoek, Namibia.
Purpose of this internship:
ARASA is looking to recruit a Grants Intern for a period of 6 months (September 2022 to February 2023). The Grants Intern is responsible for management of the ARASA Grants portfolio under the supervision of the Regional Grants Officer. This role will provide support to the Regional Grants Officer to ensure that ARASA grants are utilised to deliver on all activities to a high standard, within stipulated time frames and on budget.
- Regional Grants Officer with the management/oversight of existing grants contracts.
- Regularly reviewing progress made by grant holders against the agreed work plan. This will involve checking in with grant holders on a regular basis.
- In consultation with the Regional Grants Officer, make recommendations relating to funding adjustments for grant-holders, including decisions to withhold or delay payments because of performance issues within projects.
- Support the Regional Grants Officer with calls for new grants, shortlisting and the due diligence process before approval of grants.
- Contribute the preparation of high-quality narrative reports on ARASA’s sub granting activities in a timely fashion.
- Work with finance department to ensure accurate reports are produced in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all donor compliance requirements are met.
- Maintain an overview of grants management and monitoring and ensure that the Programmes and Finance Teams have all the relevant information to make appropriate decisions regarding responsible release of funds to grantees.
- Proper filing of grant documents
|Qualifications||A Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience||Masters’ Degree in a subject related to international development or global health|
|Experience||Book keeping or accounting experience||Operational management Experience of working on grant administration|
Understanding of the Good Grants system
|Other skills and Qualities||Excellent oral and written communication skills in English|
Excellent online research skills
Well-organised, self-motivated and reliable
|Portuguese or French|
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with lots of creativity and initiative who is passionate about helping to solve Africa’s health and rights challenges. Fluency in English is a prerequisite and knowledge of French or Portuguese is desirable.
ARASA offers a small intern stipend. The intern will work remotely and must have their own computer and good internet connectivity.
Suitably qualified candidates who are young women, people living with HIV or from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, sex work and drug user communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 7 September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.