ARASA Vacancy: Finance and Administration Assistant
VACANCY: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Established in 2002, the AIDS and Rights Alliance for Southern Africa (ARASA) is a regional partnership of non-governmental organisations working together to promote a human rights based response to HIV and TB in Southern and East Africa through capacity strengthening and advocacy. ARASA seeks to appoint a committed and dynamic individual to assume the position of Finance and Administration Assistant in Windhoek. Reporting to the Finance Manager, key areas of responsibility will include:
- Ensuring all transactions are accurately recorded and entered into the Pastel accounting system
- Assisting with preparations for annual and internal audits, and responding to queries from auditors as appropriate
- Paying and recording payment of invoices, salaries and payment requests and maintaining the purchase order system
- Maintaining and updating lists of regular suppliers of goods and services
- Procuring equipment and supplies in accordance with procurement procedures
- Maintaining the general filing system and filing correspondence
- Planning and organising all staff meetings and conference telephone calls
- Organising all travel, accommodation and meeting venue arrangements and bookings for workshops, conferences and meetings
- Maintaining an inventory of and monitoring the use of office equipment, assets and supplies
- Providing financial and administrative support to ARASA staff
- Switchboard operation and receiving of guests
The ideal candidate will have a Diploma in Bookkeeping and Office Administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience, with at least one year of relevant working experience in bookkeeping and administration with local or international NGOs. The candidate must have an excellent command and knowledge of computer applications, including Pastel, Outlook, MS Word and Excel. The ability to work under pressure is essential. Fluency in English is a prerequisite. The ability to legally work in Namibia is required.
ARASA offers an attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience. Interested and qualified candidates who match the profile are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Finance and Administration Assistant” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is midnight (WAST) on 10 March 2017.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
More details can be found at: Advert_Finance_and_Admin_assistant.pdf